|Manufacturing by||Zydus Cadila Healthcare Ltd. (German Remedies)|
|Form release||blister 10 tablets|
|Shipping time||7 – 18 days (Depending from the Country)|
|Availability & Order|
Mesterolone is a synthetic, orally active anabolic-androgenic steroid (AAS) and derivative of dihydrotestosterone (DHT). It is sold under the brand names Proviron (as Provironum in Asia-Pacific region) and Mestoranum, by Bayer Schering Pharma (earlier by Schering). In the late 1970s and early 1980s, it was used with some success in controlled studies of men suffering from various forms of depression. Mesterolone is a relatively weak androgen and is rarely used for replacement therapies.
Mesterolone belongs to the group of medicines known as androgens, which are male sex hormones. It is used to treat disorders in men where the body does not make enough natural androgen. It works by supplementing the amount of male hormone your body produces naturally.
Mesterolone had seen widespread use in bodybuilding primarily for antiestrogenic activity in anabolic steroid stacks but such use has declined after introduction of aromatase inhibitors and SERMs. Most significant benefits of current Mesterolone use are considered by bodybuilders to be maintaining libido off-cycle and also relatively and temporarily improving vascularity.
How to take mesterolone
- Before you start this treatment, read the manufacturer’s printed information leaflet from inside your pack. The leaflet will give you more information about mesterolone tablets.
- Take the tablets exactly as your doctor has told you to. To begin with, it is usual to be prescribed 25 mg (one tablet), to be taken three or four times a day. If you need to continue taking the tablets for more than a few months, your doctor may reduce the number of tablets you need to take each day. Your doctor will tell you what dose is right for you and this will also be printed on the label of the pack to remind you.
- Swallow the tablet whole with a drink of water. You can take mesterolone before or after meals.
- Try to take your doses at the same times each day, as this will help you to remember to take them.
- If you forget to take a dose, you should take it when you remember. However, if when you remember, it is nearly time for your next dose then leave out the forgotten dose. Do not take two doses at the same time to make up for a missed dose.
Can mesterolone cause problems?
Along with their useful effects, all medicines can cause unwanted side-effects although not everyone experiences them. The table below lists some of the most common ones associated with mesterolone. You will find a full list in the manufacturer’s information leaflet supplied with your medicine. The unwanted effects often improve over the first few days of taking a new medicine, but speak with your doctor or pharmacist if any of the following side-effects continue or become troublesome.
|Possible mesterolone side-effects||What can I do if I experience this?|
|Headache and other aches and pains||Drink plenty of water and ask your pharmacist to recommend a suitable painkiller. If the pain does not ease, speak with your doctor|
|Feeling sick (nausea), tummy (abdominal) pain||Stick to simple foods – avoid rich or spicy meals. If the pain does not ease quickly, speak with your doctor straightaway|
|Acne, swollen hands or feet, raised blood pressure, increased body hair, breast or prostate problems, increased weight, baldness, mood changes||If any of these become troublesome, let your doctor know|
Important: if you experience frequent erections or erections that last for a long time, you must let your doctor know about this. Your treatment will need to be reviewed in order to prevent any injury.
If you experience any other symptoms which you think may be due to this medicine, speak with your doctor or pharmacist.
How to store mesterolone
- Keep all medicines out of the reach and sight of children.
- Store in a cool, dry place, away from direct heat and light.