|IN Brand||Cytotam / Mamofen|
|Manufacturing by||Cipla / Khandelwal|
|Strength||10 mg / 20 mg|
|Form release||blister 10 tablets|
|Shipping time||7 – 18 days (Depending from the Country)|
|Availability & Order||
through request form
Tamoxifen blocks the actions of estrogen, a female hormone. Certain types of breast cancer require estrogen to grow.
Tamoxifen is used to treat some types of breast cancer in men and women. It is also used to lower a woman’s chance of developing breast cancer if she has a high risk (such as a family history of breast cancer).
Tamoxifen may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Follow all directions on your prescription label. Do not take this medicine in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended.
Measure liquid medicine with the dosing syringe provided, or with a special dose-measuring spoon or medicine cup. If you do not have a dose-measuring device, ask your pharmacist for one.
Tamoxifen can be taken with or without food.
While using tamoxifen, you may need frequent blood tests.
If you need surgery or medical tests or if you will be on bed rest, you may need to stop using this medicine for a short time. Any doctor or surgeon who treats you should know that you are taking tamoxifen.
Have regular physical exams and mammograms, and self-examine your breasts for lumps on a monthly basis while using this medicine.
Use tamoxifen regularly to get the most benefit. Get your prescription refilled before you run out of medicine completely. You may need to keep using this medication for up to 5 years.
Store at room temperature away from moisture, heat, or cold. Do not freeze.
Get emergency medical help if you have signs of an allergic reaction to tamoxifen: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Tamoxifen can increase your risk of stroke or blood clots. Call your doctor at once if you have:
- signs of a stroke – sudden numbness or weakness (especially on one side of the body), sudden severe headache, slurred speech, problems with vision or balance;
- signs of a blood clot in the lung – chest pain, sudden cough, wheezing, rapid breathing, coughing up blood; or
- signs of a blood clot in your leg – pain, swelling, warmth, or redness in one or both legs.
Also call your doctor at once if you have:
- blurred vision, tunnel vision, eye pain, or seeing halos around lights;
- unusual vaginal bleeding or discharge;
- changes in your menstrual periods;
- pain or pressure in your pelvic area;
- a new breast lump;
- liver problems – nausea, upper stomach pain, itching, tired feeling, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes); or
- high levels of calcium in your blood – vomiting, constipation, increased thirst or urination, muscle weakness, bone pain, confusion, lack of energy, or tired feeling.
Common tamoxifen ide effects may include:
- hot flashes;
- vaginal discharge; or
- weight loss.