|Manufacturing by India||Natco|
|Strength||100mg or 500mg/Vial|
|Form release||Liophilized powder|
|Estimated shipping time||7 – 18 days (Depending from the Country)|
|Availability, Prices & Order||through request form|
- Pemetrexed is used in the treatment of malignant mesothelioma
- Locally advanced or metastatic nonsquamous nonsmall cell lung cancer.
- Premetrexed is given as an infusion into the vein (intravenous, IV).
- Patients treated with premetrexed will usually require folic acid and vitamin B12 supplementation to reduce treatment related side effects.
- The amount of premetrexed that you will receive depends on many factors, including your height and weight, your general health or other health problems, and the type of cancer or condition being treated. Your doctor will determine your dose and schedule.
Important things to remember about the side effects of premetrexed:
- Most people do not experience all of the side effects listed.
- Side effects are often predictable in terms of their onset and duration.
- Side effects are almost always reversible and will go away after treatment is complete.
- There are many options to help minimize or prevent side effects.
- There is no relationship between the presence or severity of side effects and the effectiveness of the medication.
The following side effects are common (occurring in greater than 30%) for patients taking pemetrexed:
- Low white blood cell count. (This can put you at increased risk for infection.)
- Low red blood cell count (Anemia).
- Nausea and vomiting
- Poor appetite
- Shortness of breath
- Chest pain
These side effects are less common side effects (occurring in about 10-29%) of patients receiving pemetrexed:
- Low platelet count. (This can put you at increased risk for bleeding.)
- Increase in blood test creatinine.
- Flu-like symptoms: Fever, chills, generalized aches and pains, headache, poor appetite.
- Mouth sores
- Numbness or tingling of hands or feet
- Rash, skin irritation